DARQ (with Unfold Games)
Marhulets Agency is happy to announce, that we have teamed up with UNFOLD Games Studio (based in Los Angels, CA) and a Hollywood composer Wlad Marhulets to co-produce DARQ – a unique psychological horror game set in a zero-gravity lucid dream. (To be released on Steam later this year)
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy who becomes aware of the fact that he is dreaming. To Lloyd's misfortune, the dream quickly turns into a nightmare and all attempts to wake up end in failure. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns how to survive the nightmare by bending the laws of physics and manipulating the fluid fabric of the dream world.
In DARQ, sound plays a very important role. There are sections of the game that take place in absolute darkness and in order to navigate the environment, Lloyd has to rely on the location of sounds.
- Psychological horror game about lucid dreaming.
- Unique art style combining 2d and 3d graphics.
- Shining-like pacing, relying on a slow build and creepy atmosphere
- Music written by Hollywood film composer Wlad Marhulets.
- Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics, manipulating the dream world, collecting and using found objects, and avoiding enemies.
- Emphasis on sound - some parts of the game involve navigating the environment in complete darkness, which makes the player rely heavily on the location of sounds.
- Dynamic dream world - in DARQ, visiting a room for the second time might yield a surprising result. You might find that some details have changed, or maybe even the entire room got replaced with a new one.
- Multiple endings, depending on the choices you make throughout your journey.